Stay up to date with the latest news and announcements from Premier Federal Credit Union:
|Fraud Text Alerts: Adding an Additional Layer of Security
In a recent newsletter, we announced that Premier would soon be implementing two-way fraud alert text messaging to offer more security when using your debit card. Well, we are just days away from implementing that service!
Our current system monitors debit card activity and will initiate a phone call if unusual transactions are detected. We have added an enhancement to send text messages to verify a transaction that may be outside of your normal spending pattern. This will help us identify fraudulent transactions even quicker!
HERE'S HOW IT WOULD WORK:
We are always looking for ways to help protect you and your financial information.
- Starting June 10th, you will receive an enrollment text message to the mobile number we have on our system.The enrollment message will come from #207-33.
- You will be given the option to ENROLL or OPT OUT. Respond "YES" to enroll and "STOP" to opt out.
- Your enrollment decision will apply to all debit cards associated with your account (No worries…you can change your mind)
- Joint owners will not automatically receive a text message to enroll but can contact us and we will get you set up!
- If our monitoring system detects an unusual transaction, then you will receive a text message to determine if transaction is valid. All you have to do is reply YES or NO* within 15 minutes of receiving the text message. If no response is received, you will receive a phone call to verify the transaction.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at 336-370-1286 if you have questions about this new service. Our Financial Services Specialists are ready to lend a hand!
Go to main navigation